As if you couldn’t tell from all of HBO‘s advertising on buses and billboards, April 6th is the premiere of Game of Throne‘s Season 4. With a tagline like “All men Must Die“, I have to question why we torture ourselves, season after season, knowing well and good, that George RR Martin plans to end the life of every character we love. Last seasons “Red Wedding” alone, should have caused viewers to boycott the show. But No, here we are again, eagerly waiting to enter the tombs of endless despair, that we like to call GOT.
This season expect many more deaths (sigh!) and new characters.
Here’s a quick recap of last season and a few ideas to think about for tonights show:
- Daenery’s Targaryen is freeing en-slaved cities, far across the water from King’s landing, and in turn, gathering an army. Plus, her dragons are growing beautifully. At what point will she be ready to cross to the other side? What’s going to happen with her two admirers Darrio & Jorah? (FYI The actor that played Daario last season has been replaced )
- Joffrey will marry Margerie. But what we really want to know is, when will Joffrey die?
- Arya and the Hound, head towards the Vale, in search of her Aunt. Her mother and older brother murdered, her nutty Aunt is her next kin responsible. But Arya looks like she may want to take out some revenge, instead of safely returning to her Aunt’s castle.
- Sansa is now married to Tyrion, and expected to bare him children. Since she’s still the target of Joffrey’s cruel humor, how will she handle both of these issues? Doesn’t she think its’ time to go?
- Jaime is back at King’s Landing with his family. How well will his relationship with his sister Cersei go, now that he is missing a hand?
- Jon Snow has betrayed the Wildlings and his girlfriend Ygritte, will he be able to earn their trust again? How soon will it be till he hears of his families massacre?
- Theon is genital-less and still being tortured by Ramsay Snow, Lord Bolton’s bastard son. Who will save Theon from the madness, his sister and her men or Lord Bolton himself?
- The Red Woman has real magic behind her. Will she continue to support Stannis Baratheon, although he seems to be in a rut?
- With Rob Stark and Lady Stark dead, what kind of backlash can we expect? Who is going to avenge the deaths of the honored Stark family?
- And last but not least, how are those White Walker’s moving along? When will the carnage begin?
What are you anticipating this season of Game of Thrones?